The Royal Society Young People's Book Prize aims to inspire young people to read about science and promotes the writing of excellent, accessible books for under 14s. A group of SHS Year 7 and 8 girls, led by two Year 9 students, will form one of the judging panels for award. They will be selecting the best from a shortlist of 6 books:
1. 100 things to know about Space by Alex Frith, Alice James and Jerome Martin, illustrated by Shaw Nielsen and Federico Mariani
2. A First Book of Animals by Nicola Davies, illustrated by Petr Horaček
3. Home Lab by Robert Winston
4. IF… A Mind-Bending Way of Looking at Big Ideas and Numbers by David J Smith, illustrated by Steve Adams
5. The Awesome Body Book by Adam Frost
6. This Little Pebble by Anna Claybourne, illustrated by Sally Garland
We very much look forward to hearing how our judging panel get on!