SHS Buddy Chat
Click on the logo above to access the 'SHS Buddy Chat' forum
Welcome to your new school! We are all very excited about your arrival at Stroud High School in September and hope that 'SHS Buddy Chat' - a forum created especially for you - will help you to make new friends before you start with us. We also hope that it will give you an opportunity to speak to the 'experts' - our present Year 7s who are completing their first year with us and who will be happy to answer any of your questions!
Our lifestyles, families and attitudes will have many things in common, for example:
- Treating each other with respect and tolerance
- Love of our family and friends
- Pride in our own and each others' achievements
- Support for each other when things are not going so well
- Fun and learning
Many aspects of our school lives may be very different from each others, for example:
- The size of the school you are coming from
- Your school uniform
- The size of classes in your present school
- Times of the school day and lessons
- Lunchtimes and the food available
- Activities you are involved in, such as dance, sport, music, drama etc
We really hope you enjoy becoming part of our school!
Read on to discover how you can talk to other 'SHS Buddies', as well as existing Year 7 students via our forum, which is like a messageboard that you can post messages on for others to read and respond to:
- Before you can take part in a forum you must log in - you will either be given your user name and password when you are visited in your primary school, or it will be posted to you at home
- Because the forum is controlled by Stroud High School and you need a login and password to access it, it is a safe place to talk to people as only the 'SHS Buddy Chat' members (and their parents/carers), Year 7 students and teachers at Stroud High can see what you are posting
- Remember! you should never give personal information when you use a normal online chatroom or messageboard as anyone could see it - the 'SHS Buddy Chat' forum is safe and secure because it is controlled by us, and you need a login and password to access it
- FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) can be downloaded below and don't forget to use 'SHS Buddy Chat' to ask anything else you would like an answer to!