Post 18 Courses
Not sure what to do at the end of Year 13? Each heading is a link to a site that will help you with some ideas.
At the bottom of the page you will also find three downloadable booklets:
- Applying to Study Veterinary Medicine/Science
- Applying to Study Medicine
- Applying to Study Law
- To find out about courses, places to study and entry requirements. Includes the national students’ survey results and statistics about what graduates have gone on to do e.g. types of jobs, further study.
- UK Course Finder
- Unsure which degree course? This could help you to decide.
- Federation of Drama Schools
Information about drama training and provides advice for students of all ages including the chance to compare courses available at Drama Schools, Universities and colleges.
- What do graduates do? What can I do with my degree? What job would suit me? Also contains useful job profiles plus job searching and careers information for non-graduates too.
- High Fliers
- Research/information on the top 100 graduate employers. The Graduate Market and the Graduate Careers Survey publications are produced each year, based on what graduates say.
- To help make an informed choice when deciding which Uni or College to apply to. Includes National Student Survey results.
- The Scholarship Hub
- Search for scholarships, grants or bursaries based on a wide range of eligibility criteria via a comprehensive database of student funding.
- Fulbright Commission
- Information about studying in the USA, information about the process, how to choose a university and information about scholarships and awards.
- Degrees Ahead
- Studying abroad help and advice to help students wishing to study outside of the UK Universities in Asia, America, Australia, New Zealand and some European countries
- The Complete University Guide
- Independent UK University League Tables & Rankings 2013 give you a good guide to which university is best for you, overall and by subject. Information about studying abroad.
- Not Going To Uni
- Information and advice about jobs, courses (including degree level) and apprenticeships if you are considering not going to university.
- A Star Future Limited
- A Star Future Ltd provides information about international higher education opportunities to British students and parents. They offer a free advisory service that is designed to point you in the right direction when looking for information about universities abroad.
- Information about studying in Australia, Canada, Ireland, USA and New Zealand.
- Apply to Uni
- Useful website to search for university open days, to compare universities using league tables and advice about writing your personal statement. There are some subject sample statements and regular subject and careers articles.
- The University Guide
- Provides detailed information about university courses and enables you to search and compare courses and universities.
- Provides in-depth information about choosing and going to university, the application process and preparing for interviews.
- Education in Canada
If you are considering studying in Canada, this website is an excellent resource and provides you with all of the information you need to know.