Welcome to the Stroud High School Parent Staff Association
What is the PSA?
The PSA (Parent Staff Association) is a forum for parents, staff and students to network and collaborate in order to raise funds for school projects and equipment for students.
What have we achieved with our fundraising?
Over the years the PSA has funded equipment and project for the school and students including: new tennis courts, a conservatory for the cafeteria, the dance studio and gym equipment, a Multi-Use Games Area, classroom technology, radio station equipment, courtyard canopies, picnic benches, school prizes, payment towards the school bus and, most recently, Monty the school dog! Our fundraising for these 'extras' enhances the student experience and allows the school to concentrate its resources on students’ education. We are currently raising funds for a brand new exciting refurbishment of the student library – our aim is £10,000 for the academic year!
How do we achieve this?
We run several fundraising events and activities throughout the year. Examples over the past year include serving refreshments at a number of school events, organising the first ever Summer Garden Party, putting on a tribute band night, initiating a series of Business Networking sessions, and running a successful Christmas raffle.
Who is involved?
We are a friendly bunch of parents and staff, and we meet every second Tuesday of each of the six short terms, early evening either at school or a local pub – get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like details. We are always looking to recruit new members to help with activities, however much or little time you can afford, so please do talk to us when you come into school for the various events throughout the year as we are often there, or please feel free to contact us directly at email@example.com.
If being a member of the association isn’t for you, there are other ways you can help our fundraising cause:
- The Acorn Fund: For one-off or regular donations. A monthly direct debit of just £2.50 from parents could produce around £25,000 per year. To find out how to donate, simply go to http://stroudhigh.gloucs.sch.uk/School- Life/Acorn-Fund
- Easyfundraising.com: Every time you make an online purchase from one of the 2000 registered retailers, a percentage of the cost goes to our cause. It’s so simple – just go to www.easyfundraising.org.ukto register, press the ‘support a good cause’ button, and search for Stroud High School PSA
- Amazon Smile: You can also donate through Amazon purchases too! Just click on this link to select SHS as the beneficiary for your Amazon donations. Then every time you want to make a purchase from Amazon, you go to Amazon Smile instead of directly to Amazon, and a percentage of the purchase cost is automatically added
- The 200 Club: Win yourself some cash with our private society lottery! Membership is limited to 200 members and is £36 a year (eligibility rules apply). There are 6 termly draws during the school year, selecting a member who wins up to £250 (based on full membership) and a big winner Christmas draw for a member who can win up to a whopping £1000!
- Pre-loved Uniform: Thanks to donations from parents, we are able to run a continuous stock of second hand Stroud High School uniform. We hold regular lunchtime sales, which we advertise to all parents via the school Facebook and Twitter accounts. If you’d like to donate uniform, please simply bring along to reception. All items are welcome – in good condition, washed, ironed and with name labels removed (if possible please unpick embroidered names on PE kit). Shoes, trainers and football boots are also welcome. Please see below or click here for the price list
- Business Networking: We ran a series of network meetings in 2018 to give parents a chance to network, promote their business and enjoy talks from expert speakers on various business topics such as branding, marketing, social media, GDPR etc. If you would be interested in running further networking events of this kind with the PSA, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Newsletter: Keep up to date through our regular Newsletters please see below
We look forward to seeing you at one of our meetings, or fundraising events.
Chair and Vice Chair or Co-Chairs – Vacant (Penny Newton acting)
Treasurer - David Pickard
Secretary – Vacant (Penny Newton as contact)
Preloved Uniform - Benedicte Perring, Deborah Dominey
Catering – Benedicte Perring, Sarah Mitchell-Stead, Heidi Horn, Cecile Guillet
Raffles – Deborah Dominey
Newsletters – Chengetayi Psw, Luda Worgan